Martin Eke was challenged to quickly put together a 2018 video marketing stats animation…
So he created a stylish 80s masterpiece. Enjoy!
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. (up from 63% in 2017)
- Out of those…
- 99% of businesses who use video say they will continue to do so in 2018. (the same percentage as last year)
- 85% of businesses regard video as an important part of their marketing strategy. (up from 82% in 2017)
- 82% of businesses plan to spend more on video marketing in 2018. (the same percentage as last year)
- 78% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI. (down from 83% in 2017)
- Businesses not using video
- Out of the 19% of businesses that aren’t using video:
- 65% of businesses who don’t currently use video say they intend to start using it in 2018. (up from 34% in 2017)
- The average person
- The average person watches more than an hour and a half of online video content per day, with around 15% averaging more than three hours.
- As a business
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helped them increase sales.
- 47% say it helped them reduce support queries.
- 76% say it helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
- As a consumer
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.